April 08, 2014

TONYMOLY | Cat Chu Wink Crazy Tint Stick


Cat Chu Wink Crazy Tint Stick. Try saying that 3 times fast!


These colored tint lip balms seem to be all the rage in the Asian beauty market lately. The balm looks like one color, but shows up on the lips as another as if it reacts to your pH levels or even the warmth of your lips.


This particular line has 3 different shades: blue, green, and I picked up crazy yellow. I got to sample the other 2 at the Tonymoly store in Pacific Mall (yup, I've got access to Korean beauty products, aww yiss).


How cute is this packaging? No doubt it's what caught my eye when browsing the many products in the store. I knew right away what the product was since I currently own a similar product by PeriPera.

The scent is orangey—exactly like an orange popsicle (not to be confused with creamsicle). It goes on an orangey yellow, then develops into a pale red (enough to give some natural color to the lips). It can be layered to build up the color as well. Even though the packaging says to apply with a lip brush, the stick is shaped like lipstick and is fine to apply directly. (I suppose if you're going for the ombre lip effect, then go ahead and apply with the brush.) The formula is quite moisturizing as well and lasts for quite a long time (of course with eating/drinking, it's bound to wear off).


swatched on the lips


left: swatched once | right: swatched 3 times


Overall, I'm quite impressed with this product and am glad I made the purchase. It cost be $10.99CAD + tax. I'm sure you could probably find it cheaper online, and with free shipping. I was just glad I was able to sample the product right away, so that helped with the purchase.

What are your thoughts on these "magic" lip balms?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...