February 08, 2014

Lunatick Labs AlieNEON Palette


I am soooo excited to share this with you all! It's called AlieNEON and it's from Lunatick Cosmetics Lab!

What is AlieNEON? It's exactly what it sounds like: alien-like NEON, out-of-this-world, super pigmented colors! Think hi-liter neon. Lunatick Labs has taken all of their AlieNeon pigments and pressed them into a palette form. That being said, these colors are available individually and loose. They are also available in matte or with glitter. I chose matte, but after receiving a sample of one of the colors with glitter, I'm slowly starting to regret my decision. One other thing to note is that this is a Special Effects palette, which isn't really meant for regular or prolonged wear (or at least it isn't in the USA). Some of the pigments are also black light reactive! Raves, here I come! LCS does offer other eyeshadows as well :)


I chose to pick all the colors (because I couldn't pick just a few) and they happened to have it all in this cute, little palette. The palette consists 12 colors of the AlieNEON sfx series, comprised into a 2 level palette, and enclosed with a cute, compact box with a mirror.


Upon opening the palette for the first time, you will notice some plastic coverings on each of the colors. I'm not 100% sure on the purpose it serves or whether it was for shipping purposes or what. I thought it was cool.

On to the swatches! ...Get ready!

CHECK OUT THAT PIGMENTATION!!
The right/top sides of the swatches were swatched over a white base, while the bottom/left half was used with UD's potion primer.

Here's the white and the black

I wasn't too impressed with them though (but they weren't the reason why I bought the palette)

Here's what Radiation Raisin looks like (the glittery version of Plasma (They have different names for the matte and glitter versions of the colors)


Here's a look I put together, using Radiation Raisin and Nose Bleed:





OVERALL?
The color pay-off is GREAT! A++ The formula, however isn't too great. It's super chalky and the fallout is crazy. If I end up running out on any color, I would definitely recommend getting it loose, especially since I got a sample of a loose pigment, it worked out better. This was noted in the description of the palette, so I can now see why. That being said, don't let that deter you from grabbing these amazingly bright colored shadows. The palette is available on LCS' website for $45USD and offers a generous amount of each pigment for the price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...