November 02, 2014

Deborah Lippmann | Across the Universe


It's been a while since I've shared any sort of swatches for polish. I know this one is not a new shade, but it's a cult fave and I finally got to add it to my collection: Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe.


This polish is described as a blue jelly base with chunky glitters of blue and green. It's actually quite a marvellous sight in person and hard to capture in photos.


Unlike most glitter polishes, the jelly base builds up to a nice shade of navy blue with excellent coverage. It took me about 3-4 coats to achieve this opaqueness. The beautiful thing about the sheerness of the base as well, is that the glitter shines through each layer you brush on to your nails, creating a wonderful jelly sandwich.

I bought this from Sephora for $22 CAD, however I was lucky to have a Friends & Family 20% off coupon on hand to justify the steep price of the polish :')

I would definitely recommend adding this to your collection if you ever get the chance to grab it. I received quite a few compliments on it, which is always nice to hear for someone who wears nail polish all the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...