October 10, 2014

Vancouver 2014


Yes, it's been a while, but I've been busy moving into a new home and getting settled. I thought it was about time for me to post about my fantastic trip to Vancouver this past summer. Like my Boston trip, I'll do my best to spare you too much details and just share photos.

I will preface this post by saying the reason why I went to Vancouver was to participate in my first ever Supernatural Convention a.k.a VanCon. I'm not a super huge or a diehard fangirl of the show, but I needed an excuse to go to Vancouver since I was denied my chances earlier this year. Either way, I was going to see the other side of my country!


For those of you who may not remember, the 2010 Winter Olympics were held in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. Vancouver, however, is more than just a past Olympic city. Aside from spending most of my time in the city for a convention, I did my very best to explore all the beautiful scenery it has to offer. My friends and I stayed in Richmond, BC, just south of Vancouver city, using Airbnb for the first time as well.


With the recommendation from a coworker, I visited the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, which, as you may have guessed, is home to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Spanning 140m across and 70m off the ground, walking across the suspension bridge was surprisingly difficult, let alone trying to take decent photos! With the amount of people walking across the bridge from both sides, it made for quite a shaky trip.

Capilano Suspension Bridge Park also offered more than just the bridge though:








In between sessions/panels, I made it to Granville Island as well: a cute, very small, artsy island just south of the city, nestled under a bridge, that you can get to by ferry or bus/car.








Then on the Monday, after the convention was done and over with, I made sure I woke up early enough to explore the downtown core. I started with Gastown for some souvenir shopping as well.





I then explored the rest of downtown, closer to the waterfront and I was absolutely taken aback by the scenery. Absolutely amazing.










The rest of that day was spent packing up my stuff, relaxing a bit and spending a few hours in the Vancouver International Airport. I enjoyed my trip and was so glad to have finally gotten the opportunity to see Vancouver.

If you're interested in seeing more photos from my trip, you may do so by clicking HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...