December 20, 2013

Luxebox Winter 2013


Christmas is just around the corner and I'm slowly starting to sink into the mood. I found that after I started working and have been out of school, the year flies by so fast that I'm not at all convinced that it's actually the end of it. Nevertheless, this season's Luxebox has helped to lull me into the Christmas spirit.

I chose to upgrade to a LOULOU box, seeing as I regretted not choosing an upgrade for Fall, and ended up with a dull of a box (hence why I never even posted about it :x). Here's what's inside:



PANTENE EXPERT COLLECTION // Adavanced+ Keratin Repair Split End Fuser + Repair Conditioner
If I had to pick one product that I was a little hesitant in getting, it had to have been this one. I'm not a huge fan of Pantene in particular. Although, it has been a few years and so I'm willing to give them another shot, especially if it has to do with helping with split ends. I don't use heat on my hair that often, but I do dye it quite a bit, thus leading to split ends. I'm not much of a hair care type of person, so why not start now? Such a generous size for both samples.

ESSIE // Nail polish in Carry On
Nail polish. Enough said. From Essie's 2011 Fall collection, this color is described as a "romantic deep burgundy". Very appropriate for the season. Can't wait to wear it!


NO DARK SHADOWS // complexion enhancer
As you can see by the second photo, this "enhancer" is too dark for my skin :( Can't say I wasn't expecting it though. This was one of the products I was most looking forward to for this box. I've been dying to try YSL's Touch Eclait and this is quite similar. Alas, no nice.

KIEHL'S // Ultra Face Moisturizer
I've been curious about Kiehl's for a little while now, especially since there's one at Yorkdale Mall. I never knew that it was a fairly well-established brand/store either. I already have a favorite moisturizer, but I always like small, travel-sized products to tote along with me whereever. I especially like how light the moisturizer feels—not greasy or heavy at all. The scent is also quite pleasant.

L'OCCITANE // Shea Butter Hand Cream + Pivoine Flora Eau de Toilette
I've always been curious of L'Occitane. I've seen their hand creams in Sephora and sure enough their own store opened up in Yorkdale mall as well. I've never gotten a chance to try it, so I figured this would be a good opportunity. Sadly I'm not digging it. The hand cream is super thick and greasy and smells like baby wipes to me. Not super pleasant. The perfume on the other hand was quite nice. It's a floral perfume, which I'm not at all fond of, however this one's pretty sweet. I'd probably wear a very little. I love the cute packaging that L'Occitane though! I will need to give them another chance though since I know they have a ton of other products.


COVERGIRL // LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ruby Twist
I've got to say, I am SO impressed with this lippie! It looks so natural on me that I can see myself wearing this with no problem. I'm not that much of a bold person when it comes to lip color, so this is perfect for me. It's just enough color to differ from my natural lip color, but again, not too bold. Peerrrrfect!

LOOSE BUTTON // Lip Brush
As usual, Loose Button always has such amazing custom products! I've been needing a new lip brush (:


Overall, super impressed with this season's luxebox! I definitely made the right choice by upgrading to the LOULOU edition. I always like the element of surprise with these boxes, but sometimes they're not as exciting as what you see for the boxes that have been revealed. I would definitely recommend upgrading to these awesome boxes if you're already a Loose Button subscriber!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...