June 06, 2012

GlossVine Haul + FOTD



A mysterious package arrived from GlossVine! Last week I had heard that they were going out of business and that they were slashing prices on all their products, so I had to take a look. They seem to carry independent brands, so I thought why not give some of these brands a try since they're so cheap? You may notice weird pricing because I believe they were converted into CAD from USD.

So here's what I got:





Glamour Doll Eyes | Eyeshadow: Inspired | Lip Balm: Georgia Kiss
I was surprised at how beautiful the color was when I received it. For some reason it didn't apply as saturated as it did on my hand when I put it on my eyes. Or maybe I was in some weird lighting. I love the sheerness of the lip balm and would actually consider wearing this on a regular basis. I bought it for $3.08 CAD and I don't know what the original pricing was since it appears to not be on the site anymore.




Taylor Made Minerals | Glitter Eyeshadow: October and Retort
I was excited to see some cheap glitter! So I snatched these two colors because they looks so beautiful. I definitely need to get a proper sort of glitter glue/mixing medium, because water doesn't quite cut it. Original sells for $5.66CAD and I got it on sale for $1.03CAD, so definitely a good bargain!


Willow Tree Hydrating All-Natural Lip Balm: Orange Caramel Cream, Cake Batter, Mango Twist
I only just picked these up because they were $0.53CAD each, plus I'm in need of more lip balm. They originally sold for $4.06CAD, so this is definitely a steal! Plus, they all smell really good too.



Willow Tree Minerals Eyeliner Pencil: Smoky Lilac | Medusa's Makeup: Hot Pink Eye Shadow Brush
The color of the eyeliner pencil looked nice online, but I was disappointed in it's payoff when I received it. The swatch on my hand was swatched about 3-4 times over. I also found it appear very light on my eyes, plus the pencil wasn't soft either. I bought it for $1.03CAD and it it looks like it was taken down from the site, so I don't know how much it used to cost. Now, the makeup brush was the most expensive thing I ordered. I paid $6.04CAD, which is regular price, but I really needed a new eye shadow brush and I figured that the ones you buy in stores are at least 3 to 4 times the price, I decided to go with this. It did its job well and I used it to apply my swatches and even the shadows for my FOTD




PRODUCTS USED
• UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion
• Glamor Doll Eyes Eyeshadow in Inspired
• Taylor Made Minerals Pigment Glitter in Retort
• Willow Tree Minerals Eye Liner Pencil in Smoky Lilac
• Cargo LashActivator Mascara
• Glamor Doll Eyes Lip Balm in Georgia Kiss


So all together, I paid less than $18 for my order, shipping included! So I think it was a reasonable deal. They appear to still be online for now, so I suggest having a look at whatever is left and see if you can score any good deals.

2 comments:

  1. The green eyeshadow is gorgeous! It looks really nice in combination with your hair and eyes :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :D if only i had the courage to wear it more often hehe ^^;

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...