December 08, 2011

Essie: Chinchilly Review


This is my first ever nail polish review, so here it goes...

Essie has got to be my most favorite nail polish brand out there. I love it so much and currently own 6 polishes by them (including this one and their top coat) Essie retails at about $11.99 - $8.99 CAD or so depending where you shop. I got this on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $8.99

The color, is Chinchilly, a "sleek granite grey". I must say that I have a weird interest in colors. Out of my whole Essie collection, this is the first shade from their normal collection. Everything else is from their season collections surprisingly.


This color definitely caught my eye. I know that it's not dark or bright and colorful, but there was something so unique about it that I loved. It's definitely an uncommon color and I don't think I've ever spotted anyone wearing such a shade. It was definitely good purchase in my eyes.


natural light


flash


At first, I thought the grey didn't look too great with my pale skin, but I soon grew to like it. This polish is pretty translucent as it took me about 3 coats to achieve this opaqueness.

After application, I applied Essie's "No Chips Ahead" top coat, which I actually find helps to maintain the longevity of the polish, which to me is excellent because I find that Essie's polishes last for a surprisingly long time!

I definitely recommend any of Essie's products as they have a variety of unique shades to fit your style and always deliver stunning seasonal colors.

Here's my collection:





from left to right:
• Chinchilly
• Lilacism (spring 2010)
• Mint Candy Apple (winter 2009)
• Going Incognito (fall 2010)
• Smooth Sailing (summer 2011)
• No Chips Ahead

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...