November 06, 2011

C.O. Bigelow Lip Balms Review


I bought these a very long time ago, however I recently remembered about these and decided to do a review on it. One of my ex-friends introduced it to me and I just had to have these.

These are lip balms by C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries, which can be found at Bath & Body Works. I don't remember the exact deal, but I assume it's still the same: $7.50 each, but 2 get 1 free.

so I got:
No. 1122 Ultra Mentha Lip Shine
No. 303 My Favorite Lip Balm
No. 1420 Lemon Lip Cream


my tubes are definitely old! it appears that B&BW doesn't even make the lemon one in liquid form anymore. It has taken shape as a balm.


They also have the typical lip gloss applicator tip, which is great. However it's a bit strange since it's not straight/aligned with the shape of the tube. It's just a little thing that bothers me. I still like it though.


All of them are made with 100% natural ingredients and they don't test on animals! Which is great of course.


What got me interested in these was first, the Ultra Mentha Lip Shine. My friend described it as it giving you a minty, fresh feeling. And she was right! It's like having a breath of fresh air on your lips. The menthol is cool and refreshing on your lips and gives you a nice, cool tingly feeling. It's also a nice peppermint flavor, which is my favorite type of mint as well.

As for the My Favorite Lip Balm (white tube), it contains %5 shea butter and 2% sweet almond oil and apparently even wheat germ oil, all which are great for moisturizing the lips! The balm also has a nice almond smell to it, but no tingly feeling when I applied. This is great for instant moisture.

Lastly, the lemon one. It contains 2% lemon oil and has an "ultra-moisturizing formula" which is also great for instant moisture and of course, it carries a lemon scent.


Out of all of them, the ultra-mentha takes the cake, however I still do love the other ones and it's a fairly good bargain. The thing with me though, is that I love any kind of lip balm or lip treatments. I have so many! I never finish one at a time. I like to try many things and always go back and forth between products. I have so many lip balms lying around my room, it's hilarious.


Overall Rating:


For keeping the tingles coming.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...