October 12, 2011

Lush Lip Scrub


I'm not really a huge fan of Lush in general. I honestly get nauseous every time I walk near that store. The strong scents are incredibly overwhelming.

But that's beyond the point. A couple of months ago I was searching for a cheap lip scrub/exfoliant. I was originally looking at Smashbox's Emulsion Lip Exfoliant, but it obviously wasn't very cheap for $18 @_@ I also had heard some negative reviews about it for not being exfoliating enough and very oily, and I really wanted something that would scrub off all the dead skin off my lips.

With the help of an online beauty blogger, I discovered the Lush Lip Scrubs.


Available in 3 flavors: Bubblegum, Sweet Lips and Mint Julips.
However they've added a new flavor, Pow Wow for Christmas.

I bought Sweet Lips a couple of months ago for around $7-8. Sweet Lips has a chocolatey scent and I chose it over the popular bubblegum because I didn't want something too sweet. The shelf life of the product is over a year or so. It was made in January 2011 and expires March 2012.





These are the ingredients of the lip scrub. It's completely vegan and made from Caster sugar, which is used as the main exfoliant. The ingredients are also safe to eat, however they don't really recommend you enjoy it as a snack.

The instructions suggest that you should, "rub the sugar onto your lips and scrub them smooth.". Like other people, I found that the sugar is very loose and goes all over the place. I also found that the scrub doesn't adhere well to the lips, but I put a little lip balm first, but only a little bit and then applied the scrub. I found it really effective in taking off the dead skin.

The only thing I didn't like was that my lips were really sticky after so I was tempted to lick my lips. Thankfully you don't have to use lip balm after, but it's up to you. They give you a generous amount in the jar to use within the 14 months of shelf life, so it's worth the money. I just wished I had used it more often and didn't forget about it.

Overall, I definitely would recommend this as a cheap and affordable option for those who want to get smooth, kissable lips right after the first use. It's tasty and sweet and smells super delicious.


Overall Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...